Lean Apple Turkey Gyro
One of my favorite memories is walking down the streets of Athens and passing by the local restaurants and getting a whiff of their delicious Greek cuisine. What's great about Mediterranean food is that it can be easily prepared by any person, anywhere, specially those who are conscious of what they are eating.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes 6 servings. 1 gyro per serving
- 1 cup sliced onion (cut it effortlessly)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups sliced red bell pepper (try our handheld slicer)
- 2 cups sliced green bell pepper (slice them fast)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 pound turkey breast, cut into thin strips (do it fast with our protein processor).
- 1 medium apple, sliced. (save time with our peeler and apple cutter)
- 6 whole wheat pitas, lightly toasted
- 1⁄2 cup lowfat plain yogurt (optional)
- In a nonstick skillet, sauté onion, lemon juice, and bell peppers in oil until crisp-tender. (make it easy with our stone induction pan).
- Stir in turkey and cook until turkey is fully cooked. Remove from heat and stir in apple (use our utensils for best results).
- Fold pita in half and fill with apple mixture; drizzle with yogurt. Serve warm.
- Bonus: take them on the go with our insulated lunch boxes.
A healthy twist on a classic Greek dish, all from the comfort of your own home. Check our collections below and make use of your kitchen, the right way. Your transition to a healthy lifestyle is easier than you think.
Check out our other recipes.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 215, Carbohydrate 33 g, Dietary Fiber 5 g, Protein 14 g, Total Fat 4 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 259 mg