Unreal Watermelon and Tomato Salad
This recipe is a perfect mixture of tangy and sweet, not fit for conservatives, but perfect for foodie revolutionaries.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 large tomatoes, rinsed and cut into 6 slices each (use our mandoline slicer for simple and easy prep)
- 2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar (or substitute apple cider vinegar)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 1 tsp dried) - use our small chopper for quick chopping)
- 4 cups of diced watermelon, with seeds removed (about half a small melon, rinsed) - use our watermelon knife for a no mess prep
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup of feta cheese
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper (measure it for precision, or use our electric seasoning mill)
- Arrange three tomato slices on each of four salad plates.
- Combine vinegar, oil, feat and basil in a bowl, and mix well.
- Add watermelon, and gently toss to coat evenly.
- Spoon watermelon over the tomatoes.
- Top with salt and pepper, and serve.
- Bonus: pack it for lunch and enjoy at the office.
Check our collections below and make use of your kitchen, the right way. Your transition to a healthy lifestyle is easier than you think.
Nutritional information per serving: calories 96, total fat 4 g, saturated fat 1 g, cholesterol 0 mg, sodium 127 mg, total fiber 2 g, protein 2 g
Photo provided by MessInTheKitchen.com