Ham and Cheese Frico Sandwiches
If you prefer, you can fill the sandwiches with smoked turkey or Canadian bacon instead of ham and use shredded Parmesan instead of sharp Cheddar to make the cheese crisps.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 4 sandwiches
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese (4 oz) - use our digital scale for a precise measure.
- 4 tsp coarse-grain mustard
- 2 oz sliced smoked ham, cut into 8 pieces
- 4 roasted red pepper halves (from a jar)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion (use our small chopper to make this step super easy)
- Heat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using 2 Tbsp for each, sprinkle the cheese into 8 mounds on the baking sheet, use our portion control for best performance. Spread each mound out into a 3-inch round. Bake for 3 minutes, or until the cheese has melted, and spread slightly.
- Remove from the oven and let stand on the baking sheet until the cheese sets, about 2 minutes.
- Using a thin-bladed metal spatula, lift the rounds off the baking sheet. Use our cooking tool set for best performance. Brush the smooth side of each round with mustard (try our cooking brush for easy spreading). Top each of 4 rounds with 1 piece of ham, a red pepper, another piece of ham, and one-fourth of the onion.
- Top with the remaining cheese rounds mustard side down, and serve warm.
- Bonus: use our towel racks for easy access to tissues or clean-up. You can take your mini sandwiches on the go to enjoy at the office, use our collapsible lunch containers for easy carrying.
Take your creation along with our fruit-infuser water bottle to realize your breakfast to a whole new experience.
Check our collections below and make use of your kitchen, the right way. Your transition to a healthy lifestyle is easier than you think.
Nutritional information per serving: 123 calories, 6 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 10 g protein, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 495 mg sodium.